We use the cutting edge healthcare technology out in the field to deliver advanced medical care to our patients. All field staff use the iPad 2 to document in real time on a browser-based format. No paper forms to fill out! No need to come into the office! No need to mail, sync or upload data!
Per Base + Commission
Registered Nurse, Home Health, Part-time
Optimal Home Care, Inc. is seeking to hire a Registered Nurse for Part-time weekend coverage in the Parker/Castle Rock area.
We are a leader in the home health care industry in Colorado and an agency known for its…
- Outstanding Culture
- Longstanding Success
- Excellent Reputation
This position is Part-time for weekend coverage only.
- Saturdays and Sundays
- Parker, Castle Rock, South Aurora and some smaller communities nearby
Scope of Position:
Applies nursing knowledge in assessing, diagnosing, implementing, and evaluating human response to actual or potential health problems. Initiates case findings, health teachings, health counseling and provision of care that supports life or restores well-being. Functions under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor or Director of Patient Care Services/Director of Patient Clinical Services (DPCS).
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing program accredited by the National League of Nursing
- Current Colorado Licensure in good standing
- One or two years of home health care experience
- Documentation of good physical and mental health
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and strong interpersonal skills
Director of Clinical Patient Services
- Complies with accepted ethical conduct and Professional Standards of Nursing Practice as set forth by the American Nurses Association.
- Assesses client’s condition and needs, through the collection of health data, and the recognition, interpretation and reporting of symptoms and psychological responses and re-evaluates the client nursing needs as required.
- Develops and implements nursing plan of care with consideration for the dignity and desires of the client care, organizes and participates in direct client care, performs treatment and administers medications.
- Formulates, notifies, and carries out client care plan, which prescribe nursing actions towards achievable goals, according to client needs.
- Maintains a safe, therapeutic environment for client.
- Initiates and participates in the development of the Plan of Treatment, obtains Physician’s orders, clarifies those orders and obtains necessary revision as needed, informs the Physician of changes in the client’s condition and provides written summary reports to the Physician.
- Participates in health counseling and teaching with the client and or family members.
- Maintains detailed records of nursing actions, client progress, and response to therapy and teaching, so that the Plan of Care can be documented and evaluated.
- Records clinical/progress notes in the client’s clinical record weekly. Supervises care given by ancillary personnel. Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Coordinates discharge planning and prepares discharge summaries and instructions.
- Initiates cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and institutes other emergency procedures when necessary.
- Communicates information effectively to appropriate personnel to facilitate continuity of care.
- Accepts accountability for own practice.
- Maintains competency by participating in in-service and continuing educational programs.
- Complies with agency Policies and Standard Procedures.
- Coordinates Nursing, Home Health Aide and Physical Therapy and other services delivered to the client of the agency.
- Provides consultation to the Home Health Care Coordinator to insure placement of qualified personnel.
- Performs related and other duties as required.